Tuesday, May 30, 2006


when?

this was part of a challenge between anne and myself: to come up with 4 pics of things ''smaller than a breadbox''. well, i succeeded - and failed.

there's the london bus tin of jelly beans i had for christmas, an old clock we've had for a few years (i've cheated and taken the outside and the inside as two separate goes), and the shaving brush which i decided better depicted the lloyd loom linen basket i'd placed it on - the basket def. not ''smaller than a breadbox'' - unless you're baking loaves for dinosaurs.

10 comments:

Gary said...

I'd love to be riding in that little bus, right up front with the pretty lady.


You're good!

Anonymous said...

This is a really good picture. Fantastic.

Excellent choice of monochrome.

TheTart said...

I really love this photo! So beautiful & romantic in an inner child Tarty way.

Smooch,
The Tart
; )

Anonymous said...

It reminds me of the opening credits of the Antique Roadshow. :D

January said...

Wonderful photos! Can't wait to explore your site.

And I loved your post on dandelions. Yes, they are much maligned, indeed!

Cate said...

This picture is fabulous! And I love the thought of "loaves for dinosaurs!"

Ian russell said...

thanks everyone!

i must put some new ones up, it's been too long! i've taken photos but not downloaded them for a good few weeks - crazy.

Finn Margrie said...

Very good shot! I thing everything looks better in black and white.

Gary said...

Hey, I just noticed I'm listed under Cream of Tomato soup - my favourite! Especially with a dab of butter floating on top and some nice Saltines to crunch into it.

Ian russell said...

hi maddy! thanks. i see you like photos too. :o)

finlay, nice to see you back! thanks.

gary, tom soup is the guy - an old nostalgic favourite. plenty of black pepper and crusty bread.