Tuesday, June 19, 2007

geometric

I'm inspired once more to do some photography and I've refurbished the Soup to render in Firefox which seems to be the only way I can post images on blogger in Vista. Also it's an opportunity to make use of the labels. The new banner was photographed last year on Zakynthos, along the little beach.

Here are some images I took with a geometric theme, in and around our apartment on Zakynthos this year. They are taken in colour mode, as always, but I thought I'd experiment with monochrome to tighten up the theme. Image #1 was achieved using RGB channel splitting, image #2 using CMYK splitting and image #3 using RGB channel mixing - each method chosen for no reason other than experimentation. Image#4 is a combination of splitting, discarding and combining channels.