Sunday, February 26, 2006

i want my m-me

my beautiful toy
I've had my little ixus for two years and two months now and I'm considering if it's the right time to get back to a serious camera - if only. Many moons ago, I saved up my pennies and got myself an MEsuper, and it was super! It was fun; it was serious. I had interchangeable lenses; I interchanged them. It had dials, the dials had little numbers on them, you had to do little sums in your head with these numbers, and you had make little assumptions and all while sharing a little dark space with your subject; it was all very intimate. It was also very expensive. Sadly, the photographer had to put it all away when he settled down and money had to be spent on sensible things like mortgage and toilet cleaner...

But five years ago, things were looking up and I got out the camera again, had it professionally serviced, took it to Italy and...

dropped it on a concrete floor inside a bag with two bottles of cheap vino. I don't even know why we bought the vino - it's not like you can't get decent chianti at a fair price in the UK!

So here we are; Two years and two months ago I was presented with a little ixus400 and here we are.

No comments: