Sunday, February 05, 2006

well, I had my orders!

...and I knew she was right. Anne said I must get my finger out and take more pictures. Now I know I should take more pictures! I should make more mistakes...

So, yesterday I was shocked to find two bald tyres and today I drove over to Kwik-Fit to address the situation. When the guy said it would be half an hour to get around to my car, followed by twenty minutes work I thought ''brilliant!''.

''That'll do for me'', I left him the keys and went for a wander...

Watermoor isn't a part of the town I get to see much on foot, it's the other side of town. Virgin territory for me and the camera; mainly old residential properties, fast food takeaways, auto repairs and st. michael's recreation ground. I suppose it was a bit of a challenge but I had a go...


Lyons' corner.

3 comments:

Anne said...

yee haw! (as we say in n.america) That's the way to do it! Shoot and shoot some more. Love them all Ian. Love seeing all the bits that make up your world. That's what makes this blogging so much fun, right?

Ian russell said...

right!

Ian russell said...

I should have added in the gush above how much the situation aided motivation and inspiration - I'd recommend it and will take the opportunity again.

I was there to get new tyres - not to take photos! so no pressure to succeed.

Also, I had been forced to kill time waiting on someone else - it wasn't my fault I had to be there.

Also my expectations for that part of town were pretty low - surely there's nothing much going to be happening there, I thought. So, I went with a blank canvas so to speak - photography without prejudice. :o)