Tuesday, December 27, 2005

ephemera

here today, gone tomorrow... ephemeron: the mayfly - 24 hour party insect.

I have a passing interest in poster artwork, in particular old posters or in the style of old posters. I don't collect them as such...but we find we collect stuff over the years.

[I didn't know it was called ephemera until my attention was brought to william the dog's blog (why would a dog be collecting ephemera is anyone's guess).]

yikes!yikes!
budgies?! budgies?! we don't want no steeenking budgies!mummy, make the nasty hand go away!
dance dance dancebaby, it's cold outside...

no cheese with this one, sorry.

2 comments:

Anne said...

William the dog? It's a long story. I was trying to help a friend start a blog, here on my machine. Her dearly departed dog's name was William. We created the blog and then I was afraid to delete it because I'd convinced myself that all of my blogs would disappear with one click of the "delete this blog?" button. So I ended up recycling it as my ephemera collection. Whew. And William lives on, mysteriously associated with antique cigar ads.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you featured this ephemera. Old paper is often under-appreciated. I feature similar ephemera on my blog at www.ephemera.typepad.com

I enjoy your blog and thought this was a very cool post. Thanks for featuring it.