Friday, December 23, 2005

out of the box with temp grex

I feel as if I've spent the past month in a box, working from sun to sun with no opportunity to get out, wander about and take some snaps. Now the holidays has finally begun and I'm chomping at the bit...

but I'm not entirely obligation free, it being christmas in a few days and I have to buy some cheese this afternoon, so I took a quick stroll with ixus around the town parks.


In the days of the roman occupation, Cirencester, my adopted home town, was the second-most important centre in England! (No cigars for knowing which one was more important.) Nowadays, London (okay, have a cigar then!) has a population of around 12 million while we muster about 20,000; so where did we go wrong...?



...anyway, I'm thinking its not always about finding the perfect subject and photographing it, but taking any old subject and finding the perfect photograph. Not that I'm saying I've done that but if you don't make mistakes, you probably don't make anything else either. It's just a study of temp grex; twenty minutes well spent - making mistakes. ;o)



I think it means Time Team though I must warn you that I failed to make double figures in my last latin test. The Team are a bunch of TV archaeologists who go around the country digging it up for our entertainment - only in the UK, eh?!


4 comments:

Gary said...

I bet the good citizens of Cirencester feel that they are well ahead of London now...at least in quality of life and beauty.

Great shots.

Anne said...

I'm still trying to figure out the connection between Christmas and cheese. Oh right, you're a Brit...

Ian russell said...

say cheese.

it's a brit thing...haven't you seen wallace & grommit?

Anne said...

No, haven't seem Wallace and Grommit, but I'm married to Ricardo, does that count?