Saturday, December 31, 2005

last post of the year...


yes, this is the last post of the year.

I ended the year feeling a bit tom dick. Nothing serious, probably rusted joints due to all the cold rain. Anyway, today I was in need of some fresh air and exercise and, as the rain had stopped, I went for a walk...
Later at home I realised two hours walking is probably too much exercise on the first recovery day.

Note to self: new year resolution no.1 - must learn to do things by halves.

Still, it was a nice afternoon-evening for walking.


If only I had remembered to wear the right shoes.

New year resolution no.2 - be sure to wear the right shoes!

Shoes just seem so crappy these days, don't they?; even my favourite doc martin gibsons aren't what they were. But that wasn't what I had on today. No, I had on these Cat(erpiller)s which by the look of them could kick holes in concrete, however, some clever souls (no pun intended) at Cat HQ have cut corners by giving them nasty cloth inners so, inevitably, there's blisters.

Has that put me off walking? No!

New years resolution no.3 - more wandering abaht, sir!

2 comments:

Anne said...

cool stuff. Love the shot of the long grass. Great light. All this talk of shoes and boots is going to inspire me to shoot a photo of my closet.. and be prepared to be shocked.

Ian russell said...

it's actually a twiggy looking shrub - no idea what it's called - but you're right, it was the light and colours in the sky I was after. trouble was, on that stretch of the walk there wasn't much else to include. i could have just taken the horizon but...well, i wasn't convinced that would be enough.

enough analysis, more anarchy! bring on yer boots, imelda marcos! ;o)