Thursday, December 29, 2005

ye olde curiosity photoshoppe

It's dull and freezing outside. And it's really disheartening. It's the kind of light that Bill Bryson accurately described as ''like living inside tupperware''; I'm not at all inspired to go wandering with ixus.

So I stay indoors and play around with photoshop.

I've not done much photoshop (in fact, I normally use paintshop pro - similar, I suppose, but I don't really know my way around either.) Mostly I use it to crop, cut and paste and shuffle around with layers to make new, but straightforward, images.

A very kind person has sent me a few special techniques to try and I thought I'd have a go on some photos I took a while ago and see if I can come up with something. I've used photoshop, not paintshop pro, because the terminology in the lesson is for photoshop - I may as well be hung for a sheep rather than a lamb...


aries: last winter, by the main road into town, there was a family group of an unusual breed of sheep, a ram, ewe and lamb. As I was taking photos, the big fella came across to see what my business was and obliged me with this profile. Handy really, cos the camera only has a little zoom...

No comments: