Monday, January 16, 2006

good neighbours


wherever you end up in this world, it's good to have friendly neighbours. I must say, we've been blessed every time we've put down roots.
I'm not sure what happens in other parts but there's a tradition in England for neighbours to chat over the garden fence, exchange a friendly word or a snippet of gossip - or just look out for one another. Each Sunday at early light, I limber up for my weekly run and our neighbour here pops her head up to see what's occurring - and each time I dash in to get my camera and by the time I come out, she's scarpered! But not this time.

9 comments:

Gary said...

Handsome neighbor. I assume he or she doesn't speak too loudly in the middle of night!

Ian russell said...

if you hear me howlin'
callin' on my darlin'
hoo-hoo-hoo-woo!


no, in my experience, the greater the disturbance, the smaller the dog. she's as good as gold, Gary.

Anonymous said...

i say..its a rather decent blog you've got here, leaf.

Well I've opened up the forum with dulcie and Pea...dulcie isn't putting in much by way of input though. I think she'll add a bit of art and photography and i've got littlepants who actually SELLS photos to NME and other rags so i'll see how it goes..

daz/greg

Ian russell said...

it's evolving Daz, though into what i don't yet know.

Anne said...

My dog wants to meet your neighbor!

Unknown said...

Love your photography!! Very nice composition !

Ian russell said...

thanks, alina.

Laura Merwin said...

Damn... how tall is that dog? Just be happy she's on the other side of the fence... nothing scarier than a dog that can look you straight in the eye!
Laura
(nice pic!)

Ian russell said...

it's a puzzle for sure, Laura. We can only assume (and hope) that she is standing on some garden furniture.

either that or she's a labrador-daschund cross; the product of some cruel breeding experiment...