Thursday, January 05, 2006

oktokino: u freaky movelet

When I was very small I had this recurring dream...

I had this dream over and over for many years and then this one night...

I dreamt it for the last time.

It's difficult to describe the events inside my recurring dream, it wasn't conventional as such (I've had a few dreams to compare it with since then). There weren't many images and absolutely no sound. It was more of a silent sensation, a sensation of moving, floating almost, through darkness, as if along a dark tunnel, and always ending in the same room full of shapes. I mean regular shapes, geometric shapes. It was weird, yet somehow reassuring in its familiarity. It was dark, disturbing but not quite nightmarish.

Dreams are strange, other-wordly experiences. I wish I could believe they meant something, contained some profound message for the sleeper but I can't. They're just unconscious thought-loops.

I have two new links in the sidebar, both from the same source.

The 10 Golden Rules of Lomo :erasing all traces of your photographic education

and OKTOKINO which immediately reminded me of my odd recurring dream...

1 comment:

Anne said...

wow. I love this stuff. Never saw lomo movelets before! New things to explore... oh dear.. not enough hours in a day.